Ball Screws Brief Introduction:
Ball screws are ideal products to convert rotary motion into linear motion, or convert linear motion into rotary motion.
Because of its small frictional resistance, as a result, ball screws (for example ZKLN 3062.2RS) are widely used in various industrial equipment and precision instruments.
A ball screw contains a screw, a nut, a steel ball, a pre-compression piece, a reverser, and a dustproof device.
Ball Screw Features:
1. Low friction loss and high transmission efficiency
2. High precision
3. High-speed feed and micro feed are possible
4. High axial rigidity
5. It cannot be self-locked and has the reversibility of transmission
① For Ultra-high DN value ball bearings, applications are as below:
high-speed machine tools, high-speed integrated machining centers
② For End cover ball bearings, applications are as below:
fast handling systems, general industrial machinery, automated machinery and so on
③ For High-speed ball bearings, applications are as below:
CNC machinery, precision machine tools, industrial machinery, electronic machinery, high-speed machinery
④ For Precision ground ball bearings, applications are as below:
CNC machinery, precision machine tools, industrial machinery, electronic machinery, conveying machinery, aerospace industry, other actuators used in antennas, valve switch devices, etc.
⑤ For Nut rotary (R1) series ball bearings, applications are as below:
semiconductor machinery, industrial robots, woodworking machines, laser processing machines, conveying devices and so on
⑥ For Heavy-duty ball bearings, applications are as below:
all-electric injection molding machines, presses, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, heavy-duty brakes, industrial machinery, forging machinery, etc.
Common Faults and Solutions for Ball Screw:
1. Phenomenon: high roughness value of processed parts
Solution: add lubricating oil to eliminate lubrication failure
2. Phenomenon: the ball screw is partially napped or damaged
Solution: replace or repair the screw
3. Phenomenon: the screw bearing stops work and the movement is not stable
Solution: Replace damaged bearings
4. Phenomenon: the servo motor is not adjusted well, and the gain is too large
Solution: adjust the servo motor control system
5. Phenomenon: large reverse error, unstable machining accuracy
Solution: re-tighten and repeat the test with a dial indicator
6. Phenomenon: the screw shaft slide plate is too tight or too loose with the pressure plate
Solution: re-adjust or study, use 0.03mm ruler to fail as qualified
7. Phenomenon: the screw shaft slide plate is too tight or too loose with the wedge iron
Solution: re-adjust or study to make the contact rate reach more than 70%, and use the 0.03mm ruler
8. Phenomenon: the pre-tightening force of the ball screw is too tight or too loose
Solution: Adjust the pre-tightening force and check the axial movement value, so that the error is not greater than 0.015mm
9. Phenomenon: the end face of the ball screw nut is not perpendicular to the joint surface, and the joint is too loose
Solution: repair, adjust or add pad treatment
10. Phenomenon: the pre-tightening force of the screw support bearing is too tight or too loose
Solution: repair and adjust
11. Phenomenon: large manufacturing error or axial movement of the ball screw
Solution: use the control system to automatically compensate to eliminate the gap, use the instrument to measure and adjust the screw movement
If you have any questions about Ball Screws Common Faults and Solutions, pls feel free to contact us !